Through adhering to the highest SHE standards and developing best practice we ensure this commitment is delivered in a sustainable manner throughout all our business activities.
Our customers choose us to make their products in the knowledge that we protect their own reputations by managing processes safely and protecting the environment around us.
Our commitment covers the following:
- A robust Safety Management System
- Formal safety reviews conducted before each campaign
- Regular internal safety audits
- Strict use of personal protective equipment
- Our equipment is fitted with alarms and systems to monitor process safety
- Extensive safety training programmes for employees and contractors
- Well established risk assessments for the safe handling and manufacturing of our products
CalaChem is classified as an upper tier site within the Control of Major Accident Hazard (COMAH) regulations (Seveso III) and is regulated by the joint competent authorities of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA).